Demerit Points and Traffic Tickets can affect your driver’s record and consequences, sometimes, are very bad. Some traffic tickets are more serious than others, especially those involving major traffic offenses costing you demerit points or even suspension of your license. Aside from the fines and demerit points, you will receive, your conviction will remain on your abstract and may result in the increase of your car insurance rate.
For a FREE Consultation Call Mississauga Paralegal: 647-740-9855
Did you know that paying a traffic ticket fine is an admission of guilt and automatically convicts you of the charge against you?
Y.M. Paralegal Services will provide you with professional and expert paralegal services for traffic tickets, speeding tickets and all major traffic offenses including careless driving, driving without insurance, no driver’s license, red light camera tickets, etc.
We are here to take the guesswork out of your traffic and speeding tickets and to help you resolve your case as quickly and professionally as possible. We can help you protect your good driving record, avoid car insurance increases, decrease demerit points penalties, save on ticket fines and even avoid jail time!
We are dedicated to each case in whatever way deemed legally necessary. You will always have our immediate attention and be advised of your rights and responsibilities under the law in any Ontario Traffic Court. We are always up to date with changes in both the law and in court proceedings.
No matter how serious your situation is, you can rest assured Y.M. Paralegal Services stands up for you. Your problems become our problems. Contact us and learn how you can fight your points, speeding and traffic ticket.
Contact Our Mississauga Paralegal for your FREE consultation: 647-740-9855
We Fight Your Speeding Tickets & Demerit Points
- Speeding Tickets & Demerit Points for G, G1 & G2 Licence Holders
- Demerit Points & Convictions for G Licence Holders
- Demerit Points & Convictions of G1 & G2 Licence Holders
You may want to rethink that speeding ticket you stuffed in your car glove compartment. Especially if you’re thinking you’ll pay it because the ticket is 15 km or under and carries no demerit points.
The unintended consequence if you pay your speeding ticket is your driving insurance rates may go up.
For a FREE Consultation Call: 647-740-9855
When you pay a speeding ticket it is an admission of guilt with an automatic conviction. There is no chance to present your case.
Paying your ticket on time will not help you. All convictions, even those speeding tickets 15km or under, will go against your Motor Vehicle Report Driving Record.
Convictions on your driving record may cause your insurance rates to go up or worse cause you to be un-insurable.
Speeding tickets over 15km will have demerit points. Demerit points will lead to driving license restrictions, or suspensions and possible insurance rate increases. Accumulating demerit points will lead to costly penalties because almost all demerit points come from convictions and a conviction against your Motor Vehicle Report Driving Record may cause your driving insurance rate to rise.
Y. M. Paralegal Services are fully dedicated to protecting you and your insurance premiums from rising. Y.M. Paralegal Services will fight to defend your good driving record knowing that all convictions, even minor convictions like not having your driving license or ownership with you, may cost you more money and may impact your insurance rates for an extended period of time.
SPEEDING TICKETS DEMERIT POINTS FOR Class G, G1, G2 Licenced Holders
New Ontario Drivers Licence holders begin with zero (0) demerit points and are allowed to accumulate up to eight (8) demerit points.
Below are examples of demerit points for speeding convictions, penalties, and fines. Demerit points stay on your record for two years from the date of the offense.
- Zero Demerit points for speeding 1 –15 km over the limit. It includes a set fine of $2.50/km together with a victim surcharge of $10.00 and a five-dollar court cost to a total between $17.50 – $ 52.50 not including the insurance rate increase.
- 3 Demerit points for speeding 16 – 29 km over the limit. It includes a set fine of $2.50 – $3.75/km together with a victim surcharges of $10.00 to $25.00 and a five-dollar court cost to a total between $55.00 – $138.75 not including insurance rate increase.
- 4 Demerit points for speeding 30 – 49 km over the limit. It includes a set fine of $6.00/km together with a victim surcharge of $35.00 – $60.00 and a five-dollar court cost to a total between $220.00 – $359.00 not including insurance rate increase.
- 6 Demerit points for speeding 50 km and over the limit. This results in a Stunt Driving summons, the vehicle is automatically impounded for seven days, with an automatic driver’s license suspension for 7 days. Upon conviction, you are subject to a fine of $2,000.00 – $10,000.00 and possible jail for up to six months. There will be a license suspension for up to 2 years for the first conviction and up to ten years for a second conviction.
If you are facing a major criminal traffic ticket like driving over 50 km contact Y. M. Paralegal Services right away. Insurance companies will not renew policies or existing rates if a driving record includes major criminal Ontario traffic ticket convictions. Major offenses carry huge surcharges and force you into high-risk insurance rates. The costs can be extreme!
Accumulation of Demerit Points & Consequences for G Licence Holders
- 9 Demerit points result in a mandatory interview with the Ministry of Transportation to discuss a thirty (30) day driving licence suspension with a possible insurance rate increase. If the driver does not attend the interview the licence will be suspended indefinitely.
- 15 Demerit points result in a thirty (30) day driving licence suspension with a possible insurance rate increase.
- 16 Demerit points or more results in six (6) months or (180) days driving licence suspension with a possible insurance rate increase.
- Accumulation of Demerit Points & Consequences for G1 & G2 novice drivers probationary licence holders.
- 4 Demerit points result in a thirty (30) day driving licence suspension with a possible insurance rate increase.
- 5 Demerit points or more results in a ninety (90) day driving licence suspension with a possible insurance rate increase.
- 9 Demerit points result in a driving licence suspension for an indefinite period of time.
A Novice Driver should not pay a traffic ticket before seeking timely advice from an expert.
If the ticket has been paid and, the driver has received a suspension notice, contact us.
Y.M. Paralegal Services will file an appeal to get the Ontario Driving Licence back.
Contact Our Mississauga Paralegal right away for a FREE consultation at 647-740-9855
WHY FIGHT A MAJOR TRAFFIC TICKET OFFENCE?
STOP! Before you pay that traffic ticket contact Y. M. Paralegal Services and save your money. A traffic ticket can seriously impact your insurance rates with years of cost increases due to demerit points. Demerit points are issued to drivers for convictions of driving offenses.
When you pay that traffic ticket you are making an admission of guilt. You do not have a trial and you are convicted of that offense with fines and penalties that may make you uninsurable, including license suspension or even jail time.
For a FREE Consultation Call Mississauga Paralegal: 647-740-9855
There are three classifications of traffic tickets:
- MINOR Traffic Ticket (an example would be failing to stop)
- MAJOR Traffic Ticket (an example would be careless driving)
- SERIOUS Traffic Ticket (an example would be impaired driving)
Your traffic ticket is a notice by law enforcement of an offence that will cause fines or demerit points or both, to you the driver or owner of the automobile. You are given 15 days to respond by either paying the fine in which case you are pleading guilty, or pleading guilty with an explanation or pleading not guilty with a request to set a date for trial. You may choose to represent yourself at trial, which is considered high risk, or you can have representation by experts like Y. M. Paralegal Services.
Major Traffic Offences in Ontario
Accidents don’t just happen, they are caused. And when the police find the cause, someone is charged with a major traffic offence if not a serious traffic offence leading to a criminal charge. As your paralegal representative, your total defence is our sole interest. We will make every inquiry and examine every piece of evidence.
Your Y. M. Paralegal Services paralegal will make certain our requests for complete disclosure, pretrial, judicial-pretrial, and motions such as a “Stay of Proceedings” under Section 11b of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, for the unreasonable delay to trial are appropriately filed and met. Y. M. Paralegal Services will vigorously defend your case in every legal way possible.
However, when you have made a serious mistake causing injury and your legal position requires a plea bargain at the appropriate time and place, Y. M. Paralegal Services will make certain that every stakeholder is well aware of your remorse, restitution, and good intentions so as to ensure the leniency of the court.
In Ontario, a conviction stays on your driving record for 3 years from the date of the conviction, not the date on the ticket. Demerit points are removed after 2 years. A Major Traffic ticket offense will result in a hefty number of demerit points and costly fines.
Major and Serious offences are:
- All insurance offences
- False statement of insurance
- Failure to follow restrictions in a school zone or improper passing zone
- Failing to report an accident
- Failure to report damage to highway property
- Failing to stop or improper passing at a school bus
- Operating motor vehicle with no insurance
- Producing false evidence of licence or insurance
- Speeding in a construction zone
- Careless or dangerous driving
- Driving while under suspension
- Failing to obey police
- Failing to remain at an accident scene
- Speeding 50 km over posted speed limit (or set limit in your province)
- Stunting / Drag racing
These types of offences have a greater likelihood of resulting in injuries or fatalities or other serious consequences. Major Traffic ticket convictions are likely to result in significantly higher insurance rates.
Whether you receive a Major, Minor or Serious traffic ticket, be certain to first call Y. M. Paralegal Services for advice on how best to deal with it so as to protect your driving record.
We know that when you hold an Ontario Driving License Permit your good standing matters. We understand that when a mistake happens it may result in serious financial and criminal consequences. In addition to serious fines, you may be subject to Ontario Driving License suspension and crippling insurance rate increases.
We are licensed and regulated by the Law Society of Ontario – the professional body that also regulates lawyers. Y. M. Paralegal Services fees are considerably less more cost-effective when compared to lawyer fees.
No matter how serious your situation is Y. M. Paralegal Services stands up for you. Your problems become our problems.
Call Mississauga Paralegal for your FREE consultation: 647-740-9855