Common Problems Faced When Addressing Legal Matters Without Professional Help

Author: YM Paralegal Services | | Categories: Commissioner of Oaths , Landlord Tenant Board , Landlord Tenant Paralegal , Mississauga Paralegal , Paralegal Services , Small Claims Court , Small Claims Paralegal , Traffic Ticket Paralegal

Paralegal in Brampton Ontario

Not all legal matters require the services of a lawyer to obtain solutions. For example, small claims courts, traffic tickets, landlord and tenant board issues can be solved without an attorney. However, if you go ahead with these cases without sufficient knowledge of how the legal system works, you could face numerous challenges that could lead to unfavorable rulings.

To avoid negative outcomes that could diminish your status and your wealth, it is vital to consult with a legal expert before proceeding with legal matters. For a more precise understanding of the difficulties you could experience, YM Paralegal Services has listed the common problems faced when addressing legal matters without professional help.

1. Not knowing if it is worth taking legal action against a debtor
When clients have a potential claim for money, they have to ask themselves a few questions like if the debtor is judgment proof and if it’s worth spending money for a slight possibility of recovering the debt. For such a situation, it is vital for the client to also know if the debtor has any property, if they are employed or self-employed, or on social assistance for a disability. All these factors will help to determine if it is worth pursuing legal action or not.

2. Weak evidence to support the case
Some clients think that they have a lot of evidence for the case they want to pursue and believe that what they have is enough to go to court. However, on taking a closer look, the evidence is usually not strong enough, and some of it is even lost and can not be recovered. To look for more evidence, the client must reach out to a professional paralegal. When these experts are informed of the full story, they can suggest where more evidence can be found. Sometimes, clients forget details or do not know that they can recover information from different sources, but an experienced paralegal can help out in such situations.

3. Tenant eviction struggles
Some landlords want to evict a tenant so badly that they will pursue an application even if they are advised not to. It is always better to be at peace with people, especially with tenants. If there is a small issue between the client and a tenant, it is better to forget that it happened and not be hostile. The landlord can also talk to the tenant and try to resolve the dispute without going to the board. On the other end, if there is no understanding, then the next step is to collect as much evidence as possible to prepare the application at the board.

4. Pleading guilty to traffic tickets
Many people do not know about the consequences of pleading guilty to traffic offenses. For starters, their license could be suspended, and the insurance rates might go up, and the conviction would stay on their record for three years. If the offender is a new driver, the legislation is even more strict. With the help of a legal professional like a paralegal, a client will be able to decide what is better to plead guilty to a lower charge or to go to trial. Before this is decided, a disclosure has to be requested. Then, the client and a paralegal have to go through disclosure together and decide on what to do next.

For more solutions to your legal issues, reach out to Yuliya Molchanova, the founder of YM Paralegal Services. I am a fully insured and licensed paralegal in Mississauga, Ontario. I focus on helping people with the Highway Traffic Act and Provincial Offences charges, Landlord Tenant Board disputes, and Small Claims Court matters. I provide exceptional customer service and satisfaction to my clients with every legal matter that I undertake. I also educate them about the best practices and the possible outcomes of their case.

To learn more about my services, please click here or get in touch with me by clicking here.


Back to top of page
Back to top of page